For those of you who have been around Ava since she was born know the history of her hair. For those of you who haven't, I will tell you now. When Ava was born she had a ton of hair- I will post a picture of it! We were surprised she had so much, but of course I was way excited since I had made like a hundred clips to put in her hair. As she has grown, she either lost her hair or else her head grew and her hair didn't. I am not sure which. She pretty much ended up with hardly any hair at all- it was very sad. But don't worry- I still put clips in her hair, even if there were just a few strands available! Over the last month and a half, I noticed her hair was starting to grow back (yay!) and over the last week and a half it seems to be growing in pretty thick and fast. Now, by no means does she have a ton yet, but she has just enough to do a microscopic ponytail, which I will be taking full advantage of so people will stop thinking she is a little boy, even if she is wearing all pink! Don't worry though, she will still wear little clips to since I have spent hours and hours making them and I think they are so cute. So here now are the pictures of the monumental day yesterday when we could do the ponytail again:
Aves at 1 week old- look at that hair!

Aves at 1 month old- still has hair (with a clip!)

The first attempt at a ponytail- 4 1/2 months

The ponytail now! Isn't it also amazing how much her hair color has changed. I don't think I ever imagined having a child with blonde hair, but I think I will have at least for a while if her hair keeps getting lighter like it has been.

7 comments:
Our Ava had hair but not a ton as a baby, but it has come in pretty well, although not as fast and thick as most. It was a great day when I could do the ponytail on top as well. It is so fun to have girls!!
Whoever put Ava's hair in a ponytail did a great job :)
I love the pony. Keep up doing the hair, then they think they always have to have it done and it isn't a fight! I can't believe how much her hair has changed! She is such a cute girl! I don't think she looks like a boy at all!!
Cute ponytail! Rylee was a lot the same way. When she was born she had TONS of really thick, black hair. At at about 6 months she lost most of it, at about 9 months it started coming in really good, but very light! Now (at 16 months) it's past her shoulders! So give Ava time and I'm sure she'll have a gorgeous head of hair- you always have.
I LOVE the ponytail! It looks SO good!
Congrats!! That's the best feeling when you can actually do something with it! I can tell that she's got such a great personality.
i can't believe how much ava has changed! She is such a little blondie compared to the dark hair when she was born! Anna's hair fell out too. Now she is getting it back but it is so fine. I hope it thickens up. When are you going to be down south?
Post a Comment