4.11.07

Allergic reaction!?

So Ava had her well baby s check on Friday and here are her stats: 29 inches long (90%) and 18 lbs 8 oz (50%) and i htink her head was like 45 cm or something, but I could be way off! So anyways, we love her new pediatrician which I am so glad about since it is kinda hard to find a doctor that you click with. It just so happens that during the routine exam, the doctor discovered that she had an ear infection in both ears. Bummer- but Ava hadn't been acting sad at all so I had no idea. She had just gotten over two colds (I know- already!) so I guess that is what they were from. So we got an antibiotic filled for Amoxicillin and gave it to her at 6 pm. She also got a flu shot and her finger poked- needless to say, I was not very popular with her after that appointment! So anyway- the next morning, my mom was up and her and Luke were watching Ava so I could get a little more sleep and when I came out- I didn't know where my child was. Okay okay, so I knew it was Ava, but there was something different about her. And then I realized- her face and eyes were a little puffy and she had red splotched all over her face, but not anywhere else. She was as happy as ever, but I thought maybe I should call her doctor. The doctor on call for her pediatrician's office wanted to see her so I took her in and he couldn't really figure it out. It seemed like it would be because of the antibiotic, but usually the rash is all over the body. The only other thing I could think of was the day before I gave her some spaghetti O's for the first time and maybe she had a reaction to the tomato sauce! Who knows. It wasn't really that big of a deal and was gone by the end of the day, so we survived our first major reaction! I thought I would post some pictures so in case any of you other mothers see this in the future and just so everyone can see what fun we had yesterday! NOT.....


Seriously- does this look like a child who is sad!?

2 comments:

Dana said...

Poor little girl! My friends little boy had a reaction like that several times, and her Dr. didn't seem to think it was anything. But she soon figured out it was a food allergy as well, to strawberries. Moms know best I guess.

The Spencers said...

How sad! Weird that it was only on her face. You would think that if it was the tomato sauce that she would have had a reaction the day you fed it to her? Maybe? I hope you can figure it out, better yet, hope it never happens again!