15.7.08

Zoo (again!), Sundays, and Echo Triathalon

Two posts in the space of four days- good for me! So, the day after the Fourth of July we went to the zoo with our friends, the Soffe's. They have two little kids, Lucy and Zeke who are so so cute. We had such a fun time and managed to do all we wanted to do before it got too hot. They have a brand new carousel at the zoo now and it was fun to take Ava on it, she loved it!
Next, I love Sundays so much. It is such a great day to spend with my great husband Luke and our Ava. We have recently switched to 1 o' clock church which I hate, but it does have a few plusses. We love to cook a big breakfast which was hard to do when we went at 9 and we have also started going to the park or on a walk to visit with our ward friends in the morning. It has been so much fun. We all love to be outside!
Lastly, Luke and I did a relay triathalon last Saturday and we both did really well. I did the 3 mile run and did 10.5 minute splits which is really great for me. Luke did the 1/2 mile swim and almost died due to a way too small wetsuit (which I told him and he didn't believe me!) but as soon as he had a rescue boat unzip it a little he could breathe again and finished strong. We had so much fun with our friends and can't wait until we can do our next one (probably by ourselves!)

The Echo group



Me in all my running glory.....



What a fine specimen in a wetsuit!



Luke finishing strong!



Lovers :)



Sundays..... Ava eating corn on the cob which she loves



Corn!!!!



laughing



sneaky little corn face



the park by our house, Ava playing in the wood chips



What little cutie



playing in the tire swing- this was right before she fell through the middle, but don't worry- she didn't get hurt!



Playing with daddy on the swinging bridge


Ready, set,.... Go!



She is fearless I tell you

I don't know what this is called, but Ava loved it



Moms and kids on the carousel



Mom and Ava



Us again



What a great picture to leave you with............ I don't know why we took the bum shot of the tiger!

15 comments:

Sarah Greener said...

OH my heck that Ava is just so cute!! I love the pic of her eating her corn! It sounds like you guys have been busy and enjoying the summer! That is amazing that you and luke did the triathlon thing together! I am impressed! I wish Scott and I had something fun like that to do together......
Cute pics!

Sarah Greener said...

Oh and I am glad that you guys had a fun forth! You have a cute little family!

Kassi said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog!! Your little Ave is SO SO CUTE!! Pretty much all I talk about is Twilight on mine if you've read them you should tell me what you think is going to happen. :) haha
Maybe someday I will have a baby and actully have something to talk about.

Sarah Jimenez said...

How fun that you and Luke did a triathlon! I would love for me and Cody to get in shape together and have an awesome goal like that to reach! Good job! I also love the pics of Ava eating the corn- priceless.

The Mayers said...

Your family is so cute. Thank you for the invite to your blog. I wish I was in shape enough to do a triathlon. Send me your email and I will add you to my list. themayer4@gmail.com.
Brandy lewis mayer

Sara Walker said...

She's a QT. It was fun to see her in person at Mindi's when we were in SLC for the 4th. I am amazed at all you do girl! Keep it up! Sara

Cyndi said...

hey its been a long time! Your family is so cute! You look like your so happy in your life and that is awesome. I am impressed u and luke doin the race what fun. Ava is adorable

mommaRx said...

good job luke and katy on doing the triathalon. glad to see ava is still being a good little eater. we miss her so much. it seems slc is farther away now that you have that cute little girl. her hair and blue eyes remind me of her daddy when he was little. grandma ramsay

Chelsea said...

HOW GREAT! Im so glad you found me! Your little Ava is so cute! Im so glad we can be blogger buddies, cause this is the best way to keep in touch. You pictures are great! I loved seeing you! Love the marathon! You go! That is great! I will check in regularly with you! Lots of love! Chelsea

Anonymous said...

I love the little corn kid pictures. Also, you are hots in the triathlon pictures

. said...

Anna loves corn on the cob too! They need to get together and chow down. It is like her favorite thing. Ava is so cute. I'm so impressed that you guys did a triathalon. So the story about Luke almost dying because of his life vest... was that true? You guys are such go getters. You inspire me.

Ashley Jackson said...

Fun pictures! Looks like life is great! Hope we will get to see you soon when we get back to Utah! When are you going to be in Kanab?

Amanda P. said...

Ok i have to ask you, when do you have time to train for these things?? You are super woman!! Cute corn on the cob pics!!

Dana said...

Good job! I still need to run a race at some point in my life! Ava's shoes are adorable at the park! Corn must be a fav for Ava's because our Ava LOVES corn on the cob as well.

Mikkel said...

You need to frame the pic of Ava with the corn and her eyes closed. It is so precious. Is Jeff home? Be sure and post some pics!