3.5.08

oh yeah.... I forgot...

So the best story of our vacation was this. On Friday- we had just gotten Ava down for a nap, she wasn't feeling stellar and so we were just glad for her to be getting a good nap. I was getting ready and I could hear someone going around and pounding on everyone's door. I thought it was sort of weird and so I pressed the privacy button on our door. A few minutes later, I heard a pound on our door and opened it to find a man in dark glasses and wearing a suit. He very abruptly told me he was looking for whoever was driving the blue vehicle parked on the curb and I told him it was me. The people at the hotel had told us to park there and so we were. He told me I needed to move it and I said," well, they told us to park there- should I not have been?" and he just kind-of looked at me like, "I don't know?" And the gentlemen with him said something about it being a code 12 and so I was like- whatever and I moved it. My mom was kind-of freaking out and wanted to know who they were and what gave them the authority to tell me to move it. I just went and moved it anyway and when I was walking back the guys in suits were there and nodded their heads and said thanks. I replied hotly "I am just glad you didn't wake up my little girl since you were knocking so loud!" and walked off. So then my mom talked to the front desk and they told us they didn't know who it was and to stop by the lobby on our way out for the day. A little later, when we were walking to the lobby Ava picked up one of the white cones they had set down to prevent parking and my mom told her to go ahead and move the dumb cone- at the same time she looked up and saw the "suit guys" looking at her. So anyway- we went to the lobby and were told privately that Old presiden Bush (Bush Sr.) was staying at the hotel and that the guys who knocked on our door were secret service. I about died with humilitation that I had not only got after some guys (which I normally don't do!) but that I had gotten after none other than the secret service! Crazy huh!

Second part of the story: still floored from that experience- we laughed all day. Later that night when we got back (we had switched rooms due to some issues with A/C and stuff) I realized that I had left some dirty clothes in the drawers in our old room. I called the front desk and they said they would send security to escort me to the old room. When Luke and I got there
(after telling the security guy the wrong room number and having to point out that we were staying in a room near where Bush and the suit guys were!), there were police and tinted SUV's and we went up to our old room and discovered that our stuff was already gone. When we were leaving the room a suit guy told us to "stay right there please!" I was kind-of freaked and then realized that they were just loading Bush into the car and didn't want us to see him. We were able to see him through the tint as they drove by though- hah! got the best of them I guess. But anyway the point of this story if that I honestly felt like they thought we were stalking Bush and I thought any moment I was going to be taken into SS custody or something!

4 comments:

bradyandjillblasdell said...

That was a great story!! I love that you told them off for your sleeping one year old!! What a mom wouldn't do to keep a cranky child alseep!!

CHASE, LESLIE, MAYCEE, RYKER & KYNZLEE said...

WOW, sounds like you had an exciting vacation!! That is pretty funny you told them off :) These little ones NEED their rest!!!!

Michelle said...

That's so funny! So did you get your clothes back?:)

. said...

That is a great story! I can just hear your voice talking to them. haha I love it.